Okay so I’m really into all things beauty [[ i.e. makeup / hair / skincare ]], so I’ve been wanting to do a post on some of my favorite products… And I figure i’ll start with all my make-up must-haves… I mean Sephora has basically become my second home…
So listed below you’ll the products I use everyday, sometimes by themselves when i’m going for a more natural look and other times I use them as a starting point when I wanna go a little more glam..
- Too Faced Hangover Rx – So this is a new discovery of mine and so far I love it. Honestly I’ve never been a huge fan of using primer on my face. Despite the fact that everyone seems to claim it’s a must, I’ve always found that a) my make-up doesn’t look as good, b) it doesn’t last as long and c) they sometimes cause my to break-out [[ ummm? no thanks ]]. I started using this primer about a month ago it’s amazing. My make-up lasts all day and noo breakouts. Plus it’s super moisturizing!
- Lancome Dual Finish – Okayyyy… This is my first Lancome product on the list, so let me start by saying I LOVE Lancome. I’ve been using Lancome products since I first started wearing make-up in Junior High. Their Dual Finish is amazing and I’ve no joke been using it since 7th grade. Not to mention my mom has been using it forever, which is where I got it from. Even better it can be used both wet and dry to give you different ranges of coverage. Personally I first use a wet sponge to apply the first layer, then apply it dry to help set it. It gives you a great coverage without going over-board like a lot of other foundations.
- Urban Decay Eye Shadow Primer – Now this one is probably a given for anyone that’s even semi interested in make-up. This primer has been around for awhile now and is always at the top of the list for eye shadow primers. But I had to add it in here, since I probably haven’t gone a day without in the past 5 years. So for anyone that maybe hasn’t used this miracle product –> it’s amazing. It makes eye shadow colors much bolder, makes it last all day and prevents creasing. Really a must-have in any make-up bag.
- NARS Contour Blush – Dramatic contouring is really having it’s moment in the spotlight (( thank you Kardashian / Jenner clan! )), so I’ve been on the hunt for a good contouring palette for awhile now. This particular one has become my go-to for everyday use. It’s a powder so, unlike a cream, it goes on lighter and you can gradually build the color. It gives you a nice subtle contour for everyday wear.
- Lancome Mascara Primer – This primer I first discovered through the thousands of tiny samples Lancome gives you when you buy their products (( who doesn’t love free samples ?! )). For years I’ve been using this primer without paying for it thanks to all these samples. Then recently I ran out (( I know, terrible )) and that’s when I realized just what a difference it was making. My lashes were soo much longer when using the primer before mascara. So of course I ran right out and picked up a tube. It might seem a little bit of a steep price to pay for a lash primer, but I swear it’s worth every penny. Plus if you use other Lancome products theres a good chance you’ll get some free sample tubes with your next purchase!
So definitely head to your nearest Sephora, try out these products and let me know what you think! And if you have any other great beauty products let me know below!